Ryan's Marathon Training Blog - Part Deux

Friday, September 08, 2006

Week 12 update #2 - She's arrived

Running dudes and dudettes... it's here. I've joined the rank of the running techies. I have in my possession for the very first time a Garmin 305 Forerunner.

Her inaugural journey will be on the tree-covered paths of the Illinois Prairie Path tomorrow for a 17-miler. I'm a little concerned I'll be let down due to the tree cover causing signal interruptions, but we will see. Out here in Plainfield for the rest of the week's runs, there are no trees - so Garmin will do well.

Parents are in town, which are impacting my routine. I'm eating more and sleeping less. :( We chowed pizza last night and it did not do my running much good this morning. We had Mongolian BBQ in Naperville tonight and I am full. I've got to get this eating under control during our final 6 weeks.

Thursday 9/7 - 4 miles easy

Friday 9/8 - was scheduled for a race-like 9 miler - didn't work out - first, i tried again to go the track and it was locked up - drove back home (wasted 20 min) - ended up doing a total of 8 miles with a few tempo miles - stomach was acting up - wasn't in the cards for a race like pace today.


31 miles WTD - Plan was for 49 this week, but I cut this morn's mileage 1 short.

Good luck to you all on the long runs!

3 Comments:

  • You are doing great. Hang in there. One mile is nothing to fuss about.

    By Blogger Firefly's Running, at 8:26 PM  

  • My 305 forerunner has worked well under tree cover.. (well, better than my 201). Happy running with technology :)

    By Blogger yumke, at 12:05 PM  

  • Tell me about the eating under control. Let me know when you have it figured out! :-)

    By Blogger Running Rabbit, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home