Ryan's Marathon Training Blog - Part Deux

Sunday, October 22, 2006

BOSTON BOUND! Marathon PR: 3:10:04

Today, I accomplished my goal. I qualified for the Boston Marathon with a time at the Chicago Marathon of 3:10:04. I ran a positive split of 41 seconds.

It was a phenomenal experience. It hurt like hell at the end; as I knew it would, but I did it. I held on for dear life. My last 2.2 miles were my fastest.

My friend Steve accomplished his goal as well to run under 3:00. In fact, he shattered is planned time by running a 2:57!

I am exhausted and need to go to sleep now. More later. Hope everyone's marathon experience today was a positive one.

BEFORE... a mere marathoner

AFTER... a Boston qualifed Marathoner


And after.... celebrating with my wife, Jennifer in front of the Buckingham Fountain -- with my mylar turban, as I was freezing my arse off.




By the way, I was able to take care of some itinerary planning for this coming April...

Dear Ryan:
Your entry for the 111th Boston Marathon has been received, and your credit card has been authorized for payment in the amount of US $101.00. Your credit card will not be charged until your entry has been verified and accepted.
Please make note of your Submission ID #: 7005171.
You will be notified of your acceptance by email and first class mail. Your notification of acceptance will be sent as soon as we verify your official results from your qualifying marathon. When you are accepted, your name will be posted on the "2007 Boston Marathon" pages of the B.A.A. web site,
www.baa.org, under "Entrants."
Please contact the B.A.A. registration office at
508-435-6905 (or send an email to
registration@baa.org) with any questions regarding your entry.
We look forward to your participation on race day!
Boston Athletic Association

18 Comments:

  • Congratulations Ryan! I checked your time out earlier and was happy to see that you reached your goal. You deserve it.

    By Blogger robtherunner, at 8:06 PM  

  • Congrats! I checked your times as well this afternoon and was very excited to see you BQ!

    By Blogger yumke, at 9:11 PM  

  • Congrads, Ryan. It's so awesome to know THREE people who are going to BOSTON. It's SO inspirational. Rest up and enjoy the moment.

    By Blogger Firefly's Running, at 10:00 PM  

  • AWSOME! That is all I have to say. :)

    By Blogger Bob, at 4:06 AM  

  • Awesome job Ryan - all your hard work paid off. I'll see you there!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 5:01 AM  

  • Ryan, I saw your results online last night and I was SOOOOOOOOO happy. That is a totally awesome results. Can't wait to hear how you ran your fastest for the last 2.2 - that stretch was brutal.

    CONGRATS!!!

    By Blogger Chad Austin, at 5:52 AM  

  • Way to go and congrats! I'm hoping to have a similiar report this February. Great job!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 6:05 AM  

  • YEAH RYAN! Congrats to you. I am so excited for you. I was sending good luck and warm vibes to all the Chicago kids yesterday. I'm still coping with my feelings of failure, but people like you are such an inspiration. How freaking excited are you!?!?!?

    By Blogger Tara, at 7:01 AM  

  • Great going Ryan! Congratulations on the BQ. Enjoy yourself in BOSTON!

    By Blogger Arcaner, at 7:02 AM  

  • awe-some!!!! congrats congrats!

    By Blogger LeahC, at 8:20 AM  

  • Congratulations! Great result Ryan :-)

    By Blogger Jenny, at 8:21 AM  

  • Congrats that is AWESOME! Well deserved.

    By Blogger Nicole, at 8:59 AM  

  • Way to go! Talk about predicting your time down to the second!

    By Blogger Pure Virtual Function, at 9:04 AM  

  • Congratulations! So how are you feeling this morning?

    By Blogger Vendelascity, at 9:32 AM  

  • hey, I'm signing up for Boston after I visit the doc. today about my knee....assuming it's nothing serious. I grew up in Hopkington and went to the elementary school right next to the start. I love how I'm volunteering her bathroom already! hahaha.

    By Blogger Whitney, at 9:48 AM  

  • Congratulations on the boston qualifier! I am amazed at anyone who was able to manage negative splits out there yesterday.

    By Blogger Dallen, at 11:58 AM  

  • Congratulations! I knew you could do it. Want to be my personal trainer?

    By Blogger Dave, at 2:21 PM  

  • Congrats'!!! can't wait for Boston!

    By Blogger CharieT, at 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home