Ryan's Marathon Training Blog - Part Deux

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Race week plan - Our time of glory is near

I've detected that the blogging activity among our Chicago trainees has picked up (myself included). I think it's beginning to dawn on all of us that we are less than one week away from our goal. It really started to hit me tonight.

I can't explain it really, but for some reason I seem to be more emotional about this goal than any others I have chased. Maybe it's because, if I do accomplish my goal to qualify for Boston, that it truly will exceed my wildest dreams.

When I was 17 years old, I couldn't run a 10-minute mile -- or even finish a 5k. I never dreamed I would even consider flirting with a marathon time that would get me into the most prestigious marathon in the world.

I've accomplished a lot of goals and, if I can achieve this one, I feel it would be among the most special. The mystique of the taper will not shatter my confidence. I can do this. I'm going to give it my all out there on Sunday.


Mon 10/16 - 6 miles recovery
Tue 10/17 - Dress rehearsal: 7 miles including 2 at marathon race pace
Wed 10/18 - Rest - need to travel to CT for the day for work
Thu 10/19 - 4 miles recovery
Fri 10/20 - 3 miles recovery
Sat 10/21 - Attend expo - Visualize, meditate, pray, etc.
Sun 10/22 - GOAL MARATHON: Qualify for Boston

Preliminary race plan by the mile pasted below.

3 Comments:

  • I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to see you qualify. You've got the RBF community itching for you to get it!!!

    Mind over body. You can do this and YOU WILL.

    Go Ryan, Go!!!

    By Blogger Running Jayhawk, at 7:11 AM  

  • Hi, Ryan. I've been lurking here awhile, and I'll guess I'll jump in here in the last week to say: you go! Can't wait to hear about your BQ.

    By Blogger Monday, at 10:02 PM  

  • You will do it! I have faith in you. I can not wait to read a post-marathon post with a BQ time.

    By Blogger Firefly's Running, at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home